• Selasa, Mei 10, 2011
  • Administrator
Amy Lee Derenthal to leave The Kenney Foundation
Ocimnet - Amy Lee Derenthal, who has filled the job of Director of Development at The Kenney Foundation for the last five years is leaving to take a job with the Highline Medical Center Foundation in Burien she announced today.

Derenthal, who came to the senior living and retirement organization at a time, Feb. 2006 when there was no foundation, was hired by R. Kevin McFeeley President and CEO of The Kenney to raise the awareness of donations and how they affect the lives of the residents and the community at large.

In a memo to the residents Derenthal said, " With a bit of a heavy heart, I am resigning my position with The Kenney. I had an opportunity arise to take a position that is a good next move in my career path. I hope to get additional experience that will some day bring me back to the senior world. Seniors are my passion!

I am proud of where The Kenney Foundation is today as well as the staff and "culture of philanthrophy" you have helped me to build.

I know we will stay connected and I'm happy to help out as a volunteer and a "daughter of a resident" when needed. The Kenney is a part of my family."

Derenthal previously worked at the West Seattle Senior Center as Capital Campaign Manager, a role she took after completing a certificate program for Fundraising Management.

When the came to The Kenney she introduced the annual fundraising brunch, the most recent one of which (renamed the Spring Champagne Bruch and Auction) took place last week with 164 people attending. "We exceeded last year's effort by 15%," she said. The Kenney had no foundation when she was hired, it was launched in 2008, also establishing a foundation board.

She was not actively seeking a different job. "I got a call from a trusted friend and it turns out that the new job is what is the next career move is for me and it's working, doing major giving. The title is Development Manager for Highline Medical Center Foundation."

She will work with a five member team there under Sue Bean.

Derenthal will continue to live in Arbor Heights and will remain a West Seattle Rotarian. She will also visit regularly since her mother is now a resident at The Kenney.

What is she proudest of? " I built up the fundraising program from nothing to many events. We shared with the community about the needs of seniors in West Seattle (...) We got the opportunity to raise money to take care of people's real needs. It's nice to know that I shared that story."

While no short list of replacement candidates is yet assembled McFeeley said, "We haven't begun a search as yet and I have mixed feelings. Do I want take my time a bit and put a little separation between Amy Lee and the next candidate so they don't necessarily feel they have to come in and fill these shoes? or take the time, because we have a very active foundation board, and just have them continue their work. We just came off this wildly successful fundraising brunch. So I think we will let the dust settle around that a little and assess where we are and where we want to go, working with the board, and that will be the criteria we would use to recruit for another candidate."

McFeeley admits to some sadness at Derenthal's departure. "She was one of the first people I hired when I started here and it was a decision I've never regretted. It was a great hire. (...) She really made people understand and believe in the reasons for fundraising and the benefits of it. Because people didn't understand that. Her term is 'Culture of Philanthrophy' and that's really what is here. People understand why we ask for money. People understand the benefits and how we use the money. To me that's her single most significant accomplishment, raising that awareness."

Derenthal's last day is May 27 and she will take some vacation time, come back for two weeks and then wait an additional week, joining the Highline team on June 6.

[via - westseattleherald]

BTemplates.com

Categories

Kamera CCTV Palembang

Popular Posts

Blog Archive